Monday 6 November 2017

Going to the bright side...

I do not know about you, but I am not feeling the dark nights and the colder weather. As much as I love the spectrum of russet and brown as the leaves begin to fall signalling the onset of autumn, I am not such a huge fan of the shorter days. So what is a girl to do when everything seems a little more drab, but to inject a burst of brightness in to her daily wardrobe? 


Browsing the shops one day, I spied this bold blazer and I was immediately stopped in my tracks. Now, don’t get me wrong I am not normally one for (gasp) colour when it comes to my clothes and I usually stick with the tried and true territory of neutrals and black, so this zesty little number is a total departure for me but I actually love it! 


I like the double breasted style, the sharp tailoring which flatters my curves, the contrasting black buttons and most of all the striking hue. Coral, tomato or plain old orange – call it what you will, I love this daring (for me) piece which is sure to elevate a simple outfit to the realm of something a little bit more fashion.


Best of all, this blazer cost only £20, a bargain by any stretch of my shopping imagination and leaving me with some cash left over for coffee or maybe even a cocktail or two! Here, I teamed the blazer with a pair of faux leather effect trousers, the faux fur heels I am loving right now and an Iron Maiden tank top which I bought ages ago, which I have worn so much. Throwing on my favourite Missoni sunglasses and grabbing my big tote bag, I felt this look was ideal for a few drinks with family. 


I like the way a blazer makes every outfit seem polished and well put together, even when I have not made much effort. When I do not know what to wear, a blazer always saves the day as I team it with jeans or trousers, a basic top and heels. It looks like a Grade A style effort every time, even when I have got ready at warp speed. This orange piece gives me a ray of sunshine on dreary days and I think it will be on repeat for my autumn outfits.



Blazer - Primark
Faux leather trousers - Primark
Bag - Primark
Shoes - Primark 
Top - H&M
Sunglasses - Missoni


What do you all think, would you wear a bold blazer and do you like this look? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.

Until next time,

Camille 

xo

5 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Love the blazer!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blazer and bag is stunning! You look so chic.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the red blazer!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look! superb touch of red!!!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style, fun and functional! I like the pop of red for Autumn outfits.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete